FARM HEALTH GUARDIAN
Farm Health Guardian Ltd.
100 Stone Rd. West, Suite 109
What Data Do We Collect?
We currently collect and process the following information when you use the Farm Health Guardian website, mobile application, and any of Farm Health Guardian Ltd.’s related products and services (collectively, “The Services”):
- Personal identification information – name and email address
- Geolocation data when you enter and leave properties under the biosecurity management provided by the Farm Health Guardian system
- Mobile device type and operating system
- Any other materials you willingly submit to us such as articles, images, feedback, etc.
Legal Basis for Collecting Data
Data is collected by FHG for two reasons both of which are legal in all jurisdictions in which FHG operates:
- For the tracking of movement of individuals who may be acting as a fomite or vector for a disease that may affect the health of farmed animals and poultry. In order to do this. The information we collect includes email address. Other personal data may be provided at the discretion of the individual using the system, it is not a requirement. The individuals using the system sign up of their own free will or as requested by a third-party organization that is using the FHG system.
- For the prevention of the crime of trespass and potentially theft and/or malicious activity.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
Your data is collected and processed when you:
- Create an account
- Fill in any forms related to The Services
- Use or view our website
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback to us via email
- Use the Farm Health Guardian app
We do not have and can not access any personal data that is contained in or stored on your mobile device. We do not record your password.
How Will We Use Your Data?
Your data is collected so that we can:
- Create and manage user accounts
- Send administrative information
- Respond to inquiries and offer support
- Request user feedback
- Improve user experience
- Enforce terms, conditions and policies
- Protect from abuse and malicious users
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Run and operate The Services
How Will We Process Your Data?
Farm Health Guardian Ltd. will only collect and process data if it has the lawful grounds to do so. We hold ourselves fully accountable to and abide by the legislation of each country in which we collect and process data.
We will not process your data unless you have given your consent, which is necessary in order to use the Services.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from us.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any personal data you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the personal data you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten) – You have the right at any time to request that we permanently erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your personal data. When you restrict the processing of your personal data, we may store it but will not process it further.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization or directly to you. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the data.
- The right to withdraw consent – You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where the data controller relied on your consent to process your personal data.
Please contact us at our email to exercise any of these rights: email@example.com.
How Do We Store Your Data?
Your data is stored on servers hosted in the Canada East region by Microsoft Azure which is GDPR compliant. Appropriate technical, administrative, and physical measures are used to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and prevent it from being altered, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Farm Health Guardian Ltd. is fully compliant with GDPR requirements. Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is recognized by the EU as providing adequate protection of personal data.
Canada’s adequacy status ensures that data processed in accordance with the GDPR can be subsequently transferred from the EU to Canada without requiring additional data protection safeguards (for example, standard contractual rules) or authorization to transfer the data.
The GDPR provides for the continuity of existing EU adequacy decisions, including Canada’s.
Your personal data is deleted if you are not active on The Services for a period of 12 months, or upon your request. Your data is deleted by permanently deleting emails and electronic files and shredding paper via a third-party secure disposal contractor.
How Long Do We Retain Data?
Your data will be retained as long as you are actively using the Services. If you do not use The Services for a period of 12 months, your personal data will be automatically deleted. Aggregated data derived from or incorporating your data after you update or delete it may be used, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, data will be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure (the right to be forgotten), the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period as the data will have been permanently deleted.
If you have any questions about Farm Health Guardian’s privacy notice, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Union contact (also contactable at email@example.com):
Angel Court, 33 Burley Rd, Leeds LS3 1JT, United Kingdom
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
You also have the right to complain to the supervisory authority of Farm Health Guardian Ltd.: Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec – https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/
Phone: 1 888 528-7741