Farm Health Guardian is seeking a Senior Application Developer
This new role offers the opportunity to work with the latest biosecurity software and develop new solutions for our customers in the livestock industry to help manage herd health, prevent and control disease outbreaks in livestock and poultry barns.
Senior Application Developer Role Overview
The company is currently seeking a Senior Application Developer. This role is ideal for a seasoned developer with a strong knowledge base and a passion for designing, developing, and improving software platforms.
Our web application, developed in 2019 and launched in early 2020 is built primarily on Microsoft Azure services including Azure SQL Service, Azure App Service, and Azure Notification Hub. Other technologies used include .NET Core, Cordova, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Mithril.js, and other evolving technologies.
About Farm Health Guardian
The Farm Health Guardian is an animal disease mitigation platform that helps poultry and swine operations to improve biosecurity and reduce the risk of animal disease spread. Quick and efficient disease containment is critical to the safety and sustainability of the livestock and poultry industry as well as the people who work within it.
Farm Health Guardian is a product of Be Seen Be Safe Ltd. Headquartered in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, Be Seen Be Safe Ltd. is an animal-health track-and-trace technology provider. Our mission is to be the software platform of choice for protecting animal health and sustainability of the livestock and poultry industry.
- Position: Senior Application Developer
- Type: Full time permanent
- Location: Southwestern Ontario
- Reports To: CEO
- Salary: Competitive salary and performance incentives (based on experience and other factors)
What You’ll Do:
- Build, code, test and maintain the Farm Health Guardian software platforms.
- Investigate and resolve production environment issues identified by our customer support team with minimal to no guidance in a timely manner.
- Develop and integrate new functions and features into the software.
- Maintain testing and deployment software environments that support continuous integration/continuous delivery of new features.
- Provide recommendations for and implement of a sustainable and scalable system designs strategy and to keep our tech stack up-to-date.
- Mentor junior and intermediate team members in good coding practices and new technologies.
Who We’re Looking For:
If you meet the requirements below, we’d love to chat with you about joining our team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years previous application development experience
- Significant experience with Microsoft Azure including Azure SQL Server PaaS
- Thorough knowledge of .NET Core
- Experience with Cordova application development
- Experience with RESTful API services
- Experience with OAuth and OpenID Connect
- Formal software development life-cycle experience
- Expertise in building high-performance and scalable distributed enterprise systems that require near-perfect uptime
- Experience in successfully deploying mobile applications to both the Android and iOS app store.
The perfect candidate would also meet the following criteria, but it’s not required:
- Experience with native iOS or Android development
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Systems Development Life Cycle
For more information and to submit your application, click here.